Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Content Marketer at our facility in Houston, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
The Content Marketer will collaborate with technical subject matter experts (engineers, geologists, etc.), sales, and marketing personnel to develop strategic marketing messages and go-to-market plans. The Content Marketer will also be responsible for writing collateral and working with the creative team to develop sales tools (web pages, presentations, animations, etc.) that effectively communicate how Baker Hughes technologies create value for customers. The Content Marketer will also coordinate the production of these deliverables with the product line managers and others in the Marketing group to ensure that quality marketing program elements are prepared on schedule.
- Support new product launches.
- Contribute to the development and execution of product launch strategies and implementation plans.
- Contribute to development of key marketing messages.
- Generate content and coordinate the development of support materials.
- Provide quality control over support materials.
- Coordinate the development of product marketing program elements including overviews, case histories, brochures, advertisements, website content, videos/animations, presentations, sales kits and trade show content.
- Build strong relationships within the product line groups.
- Work with key contacts within the GeoMarkets for targeted product launches.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the Baker Hughes products and services portfolio.
- Develop understanding of marketing principles and best practices to improve product marketing efforts.
- Use standard processes, planning documents and collaboration tools as designated by the Director of Product Marketing.
- Four-year college or trade school degree in marketing, advertising, journalism, graphic art and design or a related field.
- 5+ years of B2B marketing experience in Oil and Gas services (preferred) or another technology field
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate with creative teams (designers, animators, web developers, etc.) to develop and deliver marketing content.
- Knowledge of marketing and product launch activities
- Ability to learn about complex technical products
- Understanding of marketing communications processes within a large organization
- Ability to deal with people at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of the oil and gas service industry and related issues and concerns.
- Good project management skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Baker Hughes and established relationships within the company (preferred).
- Graphic Design, animation, or publishing software experience is a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.