The Digital Marketing Coordinator supports the marketing department’s mission through the digital vertical. This role requires a marketing professional with some recent and relevant experience or an educational background focused on social media, digital marketing, website structure, communications, journalism, or related fields; specifically including online engagement and community management. This role will focus on website/blog maintenance, content development of the existing social media channels and email marketing efforts, and will act as a support role for the Marketing Manager. He/She will be tasked with engaging community members, growing brand awareness, and improving messaging to drive store sales and community engagement. He/She will constantly consider the implications of digital marketing tactics and digital and social media strategy to align with the company’s vision, mission and goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Content Development for digital assets and social media channels
- Help drive (store) sales by educating consumers about Arctic Zero products through social media channels
- Write engaging, witty and relevant captions to correspond with images tailored for each audience (FB, IG and Tw) to drive engagement (comments, shares and likes), brand awareness and clicks to the site Store Locator
- Monitor levels of engagement in social media channels; scan for positive and negative brand mentions
- Write/edit optimized copy for blog articles, company web pages, promotional emails, landing pages, etc.
- Support community manager, when needed (e.g. YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, et al.) in engaging with fans/followers/influencers
- Research industry-relevant and trending #hashtags and provide recommendations for campaigns
- Brainstorm content and designs for blogs, promotional emails, posts, graphics, videos, etc. for various campaigns
- Monitor competitive social media channels to optimize the Arctic Zero digital/social strategy
- Act as a support role for the marketing manager
- Assist in website maintenance as needed, CMS experience preferred
- Assist in blog writing/editing and overall management of blog calendar
- Research partner brands for social media collaboration opportunities
- Assist in image file editing/formatting, Photoshop experience preferred
- SEO and social media writing/editing to optimize web content and digital communications
- Research keywords for paid media targeting and SEO
- Assist in overall SEO strategy
- Assist in file organization of content database/file repository
- Perform various other duties as assigned
Work Experience: 2+ years of digital marketing, social media marketing focused on online engagement and community management,. Must have demonstrated experience writing for digital media (site page copy, social media captions, blog copy, etc.)
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Literature, Writing, New Media, Marketing, Business, Psychology, Sociology, Communications, Public Relations, (or related field work), or equivalent experience is required.
Requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle, and Internet access. Must be able to travel within the U.S. when needed.
Required Skills: * Working/Advanced knowledge of websites and social media channels (e.g. YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, et al.)
- Working knowledge of social media trends and behaviors in niche and national communities
- Ability to become proficient with social media engagement and other data analytics tools
- Experience with CPG (food industry preferred)
- Experience with MAC iOS
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT and Outlook)
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or Dreamweaver a plus
- Working knowledge of html and basic site structure
- Experience with CMS (Drupal preferred)
- Experience with CRM
- Photography experience a plus
- Strong judgment, decision making, project and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple demanding initiatives concurrently and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal, writing and editing skills, with extreme attention to detail skills (i.e. perfectionist)
- Social perceptiveness, critical thinking skills, inductive and reasoning
- Strong creative vision, originality, innovation and business acumen
- Ability to collaborate with others and communicate concepts with team members
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Tenacity, creativity, drive, focus, efficiency and excellence in all work product
- Ability to excel in high-stress, fast-paced environments
- Energetic and enthusiastic demeanor; professional with a positive can-do attitude
- Complete trustworthiness and confidentiality
- A strong desire to help build the brand
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Accountable to oneself and team members
- Empathetic and able to interpret behavior
- Good sense of humor
- An entrepreneurial mindset
Training: A comprehensive training will be provided to the selected candidate. The training is conducted at Arctic Zero, Inc.’s office and paid for by Arctic Zero, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Benefits: We provide industry-leading benefits in the industry including PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance after 30 days, and 401k (3% automatic, no match required, but encouraged).
Apply via email only (Please Follow These Instructions Exactly).
All applications must be submitted via email. We will not accept applications via mail, fax or in-person delivery. No calls please.
Steps to apply:
- Complete the following 2 timed tests (30 minutes total)- Copy & Paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.ondemandassessment.com/verify/apply/RBRRBvR/hTCbabDa
- Your email subject line should read: Application: Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Your cover letter or introduction should be in the body of the email and must include your answers to these questions:
- What qualities do you believe are essential in a digital marketing coordinator role?
- How would you describe successful social media captions?
- Why do you want to work at ARCTIC ZERO?
- ATTACH ONLY your resume to the email.
Job Type: Full-time
- Social Media Marketing: 2 years
- Marketing: 2 years
- Ecommerce: 2 years
- Copy Writing: 3 years