The Manager of Corporate Relations is responsible for conducting research, proposal development, solicitation, cultivation and stewardship of corporate sponsors and members to achieve ambitious financial goals on behalf of Liberty Science Center. The Manager of Corporate Relations reports to the Vice President of External Affairs.
- Identify, cultivate and strategically solicit corporate donors, sponsors and marketing partners.
- Achieve aggressive financial targets in both membership and sponsorship programs for the purpose of producing unrestricted funds to support the organizations operational budget.
- Develop proposals in support of institutional initiatives for presentations to identified prospects in the corporate market.
- Create, develop, and manage the production of all corporate membership related collateral materials.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of current and planned programs, exhibits and marketing initiatives for the purposes of accurately and persuasively communicating achievements and goals to prospective donors and marketing partners.
- Organize and conduct activities designed to build and sustain strong relationships with corporate contacts.
- Ensure customer service standards and corporate commitments are upheld.
- Manage the procurement of necessary in-kind corporate support.
- Ensure fulfillment of all corporate membership sponsorship commitments, as well as the timely development and delivery of sponsor summary documentation.
- Work with appropriate staff leadership to determine program parameters and sponsorship deliverables.
- Ensure routine communication is maintained with key contacts and corporate supporters to foster investment.
- Coordinate communication across divisions to ensure understanding of sponsorship commitments, adherence to agreements and quality of sponsorship fulfillment.
- Self-starter yet able to work with a team
- Mission-driven storytelling / marketing / branding
- Oral and written communication
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Relationship cultivation and stewardship
- Digital literacy
Liberty Science Center is located in a beautiful state park in Jersey City with easy access to free parking, the Hudson Bergen Lightrail, and the NJ Path train. All employees have access to an on-site café, a terrace with stunning NYC views, and yoga. The Manager of Corporate Relations will work part of the time at an assigned desk in an office that has an open floor plan, moderate noise level, and a wonderful abundance of natural light. The Manager will also travel off-site via car to corporate offices or other locations to meet with potential partners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The Manager of Corporate Relations will need the ability to operate a car and standard office equipment such as a computer, phone, copier, and scanner.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday from 9:00-5:00 PM. Some flexibility will be required, including occasional evenings and weekends.
The salary range for this role is between $75,000 – $85,000.
Local tri-state area travel is required. Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a car.
Required Education/ Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of development experience in a nonprofit setting.
- Proven track record of closing and renewing six and seven figure gifts, specifically within the corporate sector.
- Experience promoting the mission of corporate partners as well as extending their brand reach to a target audience.
Preferred Education/ Experience
- Master’s degree
- Experience dealing with corporate marketing and/or events departments
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Liberty Science Center
LSC’s mission is to excite learners of all ages about the power, promise, and pure fun of science and technology.
Liberty Science Center (LSC) is committed to a diverse workforce. It is LSC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.