Integrated Marketing Communications Associate
A Little About Us
Yahoo Marketing is responsible for a broad range of creative and content development initiatives that support Yahoo’s brand promise: to reduce the friction between information and people, keeping their lives fluid and ever-expanding. If you flourish in a fast-paced, fun but demanding creative environment and have been an integral part of teams that have built breakthrough creative campaigns, then Yahoo Marketing might be your match made in heaven.
Marketing Communications is a key functional area of Marketing at Yahoo, responsible for partnering closely to drive traditional Marcom activities – delivering from brief to idea to activation; zeroing in on the target audiences that are most likely to be receptive to messaging – and surrounding those audiences from every angle, using a variety of media and activations to reach them at different points along their decision-to-buy pathway. The team works in service of, and in close partnership with, Product Marketing, Research and Insights, Media Planning, Corp Comms and Creative, to ensure the key functions of Project Management, Traffic and Client Services are delivered with excellence and collaboration.
A Lot About You
Based in New York, we’re seeking a candidate with a passion focused in marketing and communications. Everyday, you’ll work with an incredibly creative Marketing team inside of one of the world’s best-known brands. You are an energetic self-starter who can jump right into a global marketing team and be ready to support various managers at all levels. You will have the opportunity to work on real Marcom deliverables, and you’ll learn from a talented team of Marcom professionals, planners, art directors, and creative directors along the way. Applicants should be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communications skills with previous experience strongly preferred. First and foremost, we’re looking for someone with enthusiasm for the position.
- Become a part of the Integrated Marketing Communications team, which is responsible for partnering closely to drive traditional Marcom activities
- Support delivery from brief to idea to activation
- Develop and deliver Marcom for the areas of Yahoo Sports, Finance and News, working closely with internal product marketing and creative teams
- Work on real Marcom deliverables and strategies, from upgrading our CRM experimentation to developing messaging for new and existing products
- Learn the day-to-day of an integrated Marcom team and process with specific real-world examples
You Must Have
- A Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance (minimum GPA 3.5). Preferred majors: Economics, Business, Advertising, etc.
- Ability to take ownership of assignments from beginning to end.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to effectively communicate.
- Professional and organized approach to your work, with the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and communicate / share ideas effectively.