Title: Marketing Design Coordinator
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Reports to: Senior Graphic Designer
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university with concentration on graphic design, marketing or related field required.
- Minimum of one (1) year job-related experience preferred.
- Complete graphic design projects as assigned including, but not limited to original creation or edits of advertisements, signage, event collateral and web graphics within Club brand guidelines.
- Responsible for supporting and executing Club marketing, promotional and branding initiatives primarily focusing on email and database marketing.
- Strong graphic design knowledge and experience including a solid understanding of layout, hierarchy, typography, color theory, patterns and other design principles.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office software applications.
- Advance working knowledge working with MAC and PC.
- Photography and photo editing skills preferred.
- Proven ability to apply working knowledge of creative writing, copywriting and copyediting skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships at all levels across the organization and externally.
- Possess excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a positive, winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Work with the Senior Graphic Design and Graphic Designer to create design projects as assigned applying imagination, creativity and originality from brainstorming phase through to print/production.
- Complete design projects within designated timeframes.
- Generate email marketing campaigns for Marketing, Events, Cheerleader, Mascot, Youth Football, Community Development, Houston Texans Foundation and other departments as requested.
- Develop graphic elements needed for email marketing campaigns including templates, headers, bugs, buttons, advertisements and more.
- Assist in monitoring and updating all Marketing department webpages.
- Assist with copywriting, copyediting and proofreading as assigned.
- Work efficiently with internal departments and external clients to meet design needs and goals and ensure high level of satisfaction of graphic design projects.
- Assist with the request process for design projects received from across the organization.
- Work with printing partners to obtain quotes and to develop new looks and ways to make Club graphic design products more appealing to customers and fans, including identifying higher quality, more cost-effective printing resources and products.
- Participate as requested in all departmental and Club events including home gameday activities.
- Support the process to acquire awards and nominations for the Club, specifically in the marketing, creative, gameday entertainment and community areas.
- Provide creative graphic design services for all Lone Star Sports and Entertainment events and initiatives as needed.
- Help maintain brand consistency across all Club assets including internal departments (video, website, graphics, etc.), advertising, partner activations, etc.
- Perform various other tasks as may be directed from time to time by the Director of Marketing or the Senior Graphic Designer.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club office and not in a telecommuting manner.
Travel Requirements: Occasional local travel for completion of graphic design job responsibilities or Club events.
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Club by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans and The McNair Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have at least one year experience working with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator? YES/NO
2. Do you have experience with creative writing/copywriting and copyediting skills? YES/NO
3. Do you have a printed portfolio you can bring to interviews? YES/NO
4. 3.What is the minimum starting yearly salary that you will accept for this position?