The Public Relations Coordinator supports the development, coordination, and implementation of public relations initiatives and programs with a special focus on the Detroit market.
- Act as the point person for all incoming product placement requests and inquiries for the greater Detroit market.
- Create and distribute pitches and proactively outreach to Detroit-based key editors, stylists, bloggers and television producers to secure coverage.
- Manage internal documents and calendars.
- Conduct media / press tours with local, national and international media
- Manage on-site/Detroit-based interviews, photoshoots and speaking engagements
- Assist with market appointments, press events and in-store events/activations in the Detroit office and store, as needed
- Manage and foster local Detroit media and influencer relationships.
- Support the communications and marketing teams with additional projects on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or related field.
- At least 2 years of public relations, fashion, design or luxury related is a plus.
- Strong understanding of the Detroit media market.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly on the Shinola brand story and product offerings.
- Knowledge of Fashion GPS is not required, but is a plus.
- Strong editorial contacts are not required, but candidate should have basic knowledge of the industry.
- Strong PC and Mac computer skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strategic thinker
- Articulate with strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-starter, but team player
- Organized and adaptable
Note : Shinola is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.